Author Topic: Hello from Illinois!!  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Brewdini

• BeerSmith New Brewer
Hello from Illinois!!
« on: May 17, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »
Hi folks!
My name is Tim and I am just beginning the process of building up my first Keggle to begin brewing.
Once that is done, I planned on ordering up some glass carboys, bottles and capper, airlock, and then making a wort chiller out of soft copper. Oh..... and Beersmith too! ;)
I have been reading up a bunch and have some great friends that have shared some wisdom.
I look forward to hanging out and learning and sharing what I learn!

Cheers

Offline stadelman

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
    • Homebrew Finds Blog
Re: Hello from Illinois!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »
Welcome!

Let me be the first to offer unsolicited advice. :)

I'd skip the glass carboys and go with buckets or a better bottle.  Many people get along fine with glass carboys for years without issue.  I used to be one of those people until a recent (and relatively horrific) accident.  Since then, I've become a big advocate of anything but glass.

hi there...accept my warm welcome
Hi folks!
My name is Tim and I am just beginning the process of building up my first Keggle to begin brewing.
Once that is done, I planned on ordering up some glass carboys, bottles and capper, airlock, and then making a wort chiller out of soft copper. Oh..... and Beersmith too! ;)
I have been reading up a bunch and have some great friends that have shared some wisdom.
I look forward to hanging out and learning and sharing what I learn!

Cheers

modification