• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

UI enhancements

M

melanoidinmash

I think the UI could do with some tweaks. I am using 1.4.

• The field prompts could be a different font/size/color, this will highlight what is a prompt and what is an input field making the page a lot more readable
  • If the user resizes the window, elimination of the horizontal scroll bar in the ingredients pane would be good
  • The headings for the group boxes could be a different font/size/color, different to both prompt and input text
  • It would be nice to have access to a twistie so that sections of the page could be collapsed if the user was not interested in them, this may require some things moving around so that they are logically grouped horizontally, such as alcohol and fermentation are related and could be grouped into a twistie

Thanks,
  I am looking at dividing the main entry screens up a bit as well as having more visual indicators for data entry.  In addition I'm looking at a variable widescreen system to support today's wide screen displays.  I've also added tabbed browsing for data and recipes - which is a significant improvement for working with multiple recipes.

I think you will enjoy version 2.0.

Brad

Back