• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from, Buffalo, NY

26Brews!

Apprentice
Reaction score
New Member: I thought I would check this site out since I'm about to get into "All Grain" brewing for the first time ever. After listening to Brad's most recent Podcast, I am without question going to use the (BIAB) method. I can't wait to try it. My first brew will be an Irish Red Ale. I look forward to learning and sharing information. I chose 26Brews! as my user name because when I brew at home, it is truly "Micro Brew" as I only brew 2.5 gallon batches that almost always yield me 26 - 12 ounce bottles. Cheers!

BIAB is the way to go for your size batch. Then again, the more I hear about Brew In A Bag; it might be fine for ten gallon batches too. I'm interested in the concept. Welcome to the forum and welcome to all-grain. I bet six months from now you'll be wanting to change your user name to 106brews ;D

Thanks for the welcome message. Sorry I am responding so late. I didn't realize that I had a reply because I'm still trying to get used to the forum site and how everything works. Well I did make the 2.5 gallon batch of Irish Red Ale using the BIAB Method and I must say I am very pleased so far. I'm actually getting ready to bottle it today so it will be 2-4 weeks before I can say whether or not it was a complete sucsess. It smells very malty and the color looks good so I'm on track with the style (I used Beersmith software) my target gravity was 1.052 and I hit 1.048. I think I definately would have hit 1.052 but I made a mistake that I didn't realize until later that day: I forgot to raise the mash temp to 168 and do a "mash-out. I can't wait for Brad's new software version that will have the BIAB method written into the program. Thanks again for the welcome and your right, I will increase my batch size soon. Cheers!

Back