Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Snook32

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Hello from Florida
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
 New to brewing and reading everything I can to educate myself.  I'm halfway there with my setup and equipment.  I received yesterday my first bushel of Conlon 2 row Barley seed from Minnesota and immediately steeped 6 lbs, I just looked and almost all kernels are chitted and on their way to germination.  My plan is to use malted barley from a professional first before I use my own.  Definitely interested in all grain brewing, still a few months away from being ready.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:43:31 PM by Snook32 »

Offline Kevin J

• BeerSmith Brewer
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
New to brewing and reading everything I can to educate myself.  I'm halfway there with my setup and equipment.  I received yesterday my first bushel of Conlon 2 row Barley seed from Minnesota and immediately steeped 6 lbs, I just looked and almost all kernels are chitted and on their way to germination.  My plan is to use malted barley from a professional first before I use my own.  Definitely interested in all grain brewing, still a few months away from being ready.
I would try a wheat beer first. It's an easy brew to make and will give you a way to figure out how much time it will take.
Good luck.

modification