• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from the land of Humulus lupulus

hopdog

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to this forum, and new to brewing as well. I got started this past fall when I made my first homemade hard cider. I had a carboy sitting around and figured I might as well put it to use while waiting for the next apple harvest....so I bought a kit, and some extract, and some yeast and some books and equipment, etc....

I found a club in my area, Yakima WA and that has been great. I have my first solo AG batch (Denny Conn's RIPA) in the secondaries dry-hopping right now and am planning my next AG batch, the 2nd version of a recipe of my own design.

I like IPAs and IIPAs and APAs the most. I have now brewed a porter, a very very very dark brown ale, and a sweet stout. The rate at which the "hopped" up beers disappear versus the darker beers has taught me that I should stick to the hoppy side of things.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with ya'll and getting tips and advice from any and all of you!

Back