• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tap Lock for a stout tap?

ibrewalot

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a tap lock for a stout tap?  I've found several for the regular CO2 taps, but the Guiness-style stout taps are much longer and the locks don't fit.  If I can't find one, my only other alternative is to put a shutoff inline right behind the tap, but I don't want to have to open the cooler every time.  

I'm trying to keep my 4-year-old and his friends from pulling the tap accidently only to dump beer all over the floor and themselves.  My worst nightmare is they pull it and then run so they don't get it on them, letting all my beer and any gas is in the tank spew forth until empty  :eek:.

Thanx for the help!

I've never seen one specifically for a stout tap , but I would imagine you can fashion something like the standard locks if you try hard enough.   Either that or fashion some kind of cover for the tap with a latch.

Cheers!
Brad

Back