• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Display Issues

cobama

New Forum Member
Reaction score
XP sp3, 19 diagonal monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Tabs and heading lines are too short to completely display text. Only the top 3/4 of the text is visible.

The very first example is found on the column heading tabs of the "Welcome to Beersmith 2" window.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• BS1-1.jpg
    BS1-1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 811
  • BS1-2.jpg
    BS1-2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 803
  • BS1-3.jpg
    BS1-3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 804
more here, in the water profiler when I click either 'calculate best additions' or Save additions to target' the names for the misc additions shift down the page. if it helps,1024x600 resolution on a 10.1" screen.

Smashin

Attachments

• Pic 1.png
    Pic 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 749
I'm having similar issues on a number of screens.  I am also using a Netbook which is a 10" screen and 1024x600. Windows 7, 32-bit if that helps.

I suspect that your menus are designed such that a larger screen is assumed.  It seems to me that you could add alot of flexibility just by adding a scroll bar on the side of the entire menu such that a smaller screen can just move up and down.  I can understand the desire to have the larger screen sizes and I can certainly understand not wanting to compromise functionality for a smaller screen. 

In other words, I can live without seeing the whole menu since the screen resolution is my choice.  However, the menus are unusable without some way to access the larger portions via a scroll bar (or other means).

By the way, I absolutely love the portability of a netbook.  It's the main computer I carry nowadays and use for almost all general purpose computing.

Thanks for a great product!
Keith

Hi,
  That is actually a new bug to me - I have been testing on three XP machines here all running small displays and have not seen the cut off characters shown in the first post of the thread here.

I actually suspect it may be related to large fonts- do you have larger than normal fonts set under Windows XP?  If so that might help me narrow down and correct the problem.

Thanks,
Brad

I had the same problem, and solved it by changing the text size to the smallest setting from 150% (yes, Windows 7).  The text size also caused the lower portion of the options box to get cut off--everything from the 3 "set to ____ units" buttons to the bottom of the box in the units options.

Neal

I'm running XP with Display Properties set to Extra Large Font Size on 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Hi,
I worked on this today - I can confirm that this is a problem if you are running large fonts (125%/150%/200% for example).

In the next update which I'm planning to post at the end of the week, I have been able to fix the majority of issues regarding large fonts.  Keep an eye out on the main web page for the update.

Brad

I'm running v.2.0.40 on a netbook with default 1024x600 resolution and I agree with the comments above, but the frequently used recipe displays are slighty too wide to display fully and my memory was that they were OK in v2.0? It looks like a slight reduction in the width of the recipe windows won't lose much and might make things look a bit better on a netbook. Indeed for most of the tabs there is unused space at the right hand side.
Also in the Notes tab of the recipe displays the windows are of such a size that the Notes window tends to drop off the bottom. A relatively small reduction of the size of the two notes windows would make this tab look better IMO, especially since both windows have scroll bars and I don't tend to type a huge amount in these fields.

Having issues in Ubuntu 20.10 ever since going from a 24" monitor to 27".

Tabs are displayed improperly, and program crashes when trying to open certain things.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-01-24 07-19-31.png
    Screenshot from 2021-01-24 07-19-31.png
    662.5 KB · Views: 541
  • Screenshot from 2021-01-24 07-18-56.png
    Screenshot from 2021-01-24 07-18-56.png
    617.4 KB · Views: 518
Back