• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Autosaving inventory

ølrik

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there some way of saving changes to the Inventory and Shopping List categories? As far as I can see, the only way to do this is to close and reopen the program. An autosave feature would be great. I run BeerSmith under Ubuntu 11.04 (using Wine), and as the program locks up from time to time, it would be nice to be sure that my changes aren't lost if it does.

For instance:
- Start BeerSmith 2 under Wine
- Make any change or addition to the Inventory, and close its tab
- Try to move another tab to make the program lock up
- When BeerSmith is restarted, all changes are lost.

Thank you for an otherwise excellent program.

Hi,
  The program actually does have an autosave feature - however it is only activated if you are idle for about 5 minutes.

I apologize for the Wine issues - however I am hoping to look at a native Linux build once I get through the initial updates for the program - perhaps later this summer.

Brad

Thanks for your reply. Being idle for 5 minutes seems like a cumbersome way of saving your changes. Would it be possible to add an "OK" button to the Inventory and Shopping Cart lists, like the one for recipes?

Great to hear about a native Linux build!

EDIT: Or better, make the "Close" button save changes to file.

Back