• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

est final gravity 0,000

faciadasan

Apprentice
Reaction score
hello everyone.
i've purchased beersmith 2. it works great, but when a create a recipe the estimated fg is set on 0,000 and i cannot get it to go on normal values.
so the 'est ABV' marker is always located on the red side of the bar.
what parameter am i forgetting?

??? ??? ???

Hi,
  I'm just guessing here but is it possible you have the type set to "extract" when you are brewing an all grain recipe?  Its at the top of the design tab.

Brad

no. the type is set to 'all grain'.
i've checked options, but everything seems ok. could it be some advanced options, maybe? (though i didn't change them when installing Beersmith..)

even when I open sample recipes the Est ABV marker is set at the right side of its bar, and Estimated Final Gravity is at -0,000.
I cannot explain why.
I've noticed that when I double-click OG, bitterness or color bars, I can adjust parameters in the respective bars.
Of course, there should be no way of doing that with estimated values but... there should be a solution..!
:'(

I got it!!
Options - Advanced - Adjust FG for Mash Temperature (uncheck)
Why should I adjust Final Gravity ?

Back