Author Topic: Changing Bottling Date  (Read 3610 times)

Offline scottd

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Changing Bottling Date
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:58 AM »
How can I change the bottling date as shown on the 'Recipe Design' tab?

Offline merfizle

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: Changing Bottling Date
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »
Increase or decrease the number of days in primary or secondary depending on if you are doing a single or 2-stage fermentation.

Mark
Primary: Lambic base for solera barrel
Kegged: Bavarian Weissbier, N. English brown, Roggenbier

Offline brett

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
    • Binnshire Brewing
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »
This has confused me as well.  I believe that "Merfizie" must be expecting that we would change the Fermentation Profile, or is there another way I have not found to do this?

I copy my recipe into my Log in order to document "batches".  If I change the Fermentation Profile I have changed it across all recipes and batches.  Unless I want to record a new profile for each batch, and I don't think that is practical, I have no way of recording my actual schedule for each batch.  Unless 8) there is another way to record the dates or periods in each fermentation stage.

Offline Tress

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:06 AM »
You can create a custom fermentation schedule for that particular recipe.  Just copy/paste an existing Fermentation Profile that closely resembles the one you want, adjust any times/temps/volumes to your liking, and rename it as something specific to that recipe.  Then, open up the recipe and select that Fermentation profile.

Offline brett

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
    • Binnshire Brewing
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
Thanks Tress, that would work.  My concern would be that I would have a new profile for each recipe and the list would continue to grow.  My solution has been to record actuals under notes.  But is would still make sense to take your advice and create custom schedules with one week increments that will at least be closer to what I do.  Thanks again and Cheers!