• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Thanks for the Linux help

ChuckJaxFL

Apprentice
Reaction score
Not a question, but a thanks for adding some Linux support in the FAQ. 
The Wine reference helped me get up & running again after a fresh OS install.
I wish more developers took us into consideration!

No problem,
  I actually have a native Linux build (initially done under Ubuntu) in beta testing now.

I still have a few weeks work to do before I release it but the early reports have been favorable.  It is identical to the Mac/PC versions.

Brad

This is incredible news!  Thank you so much.  I'm afraid I haven't been able to get 2.0 to register properly under Wine yet so I've been sticking to 1.4.

Look forward to the native Linux client. Thank you!

I just purchased a copy and am looking forward to the Linux (Ubuntu) version.

Thanks

Hi,
  I have a few more issues to work out but I'm hoping to have an open beta in the next week or two.

Brad

I just heard today on the podcast that the linux beta was up.  I just downloaded, installed it, and copied my recipes over from my WINE install.
The anomalies that were present under WINE appear to be gone altogether.  This is awesome!

The only weirdness so far is that the pictures don't appear correctly, on the "design" tab.  The software generated picture of the beer color looks correct, but I replaced it w/ a jpg I took myself.  That picture appears incorrectly.  Frankly, that's not a big deal, but if I were the software author I'd want someone to tell me.

Thanks for offering a Linux native version!!

Back