• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

price per pint

clayton_ross

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all,
i really love the "select fields" part of the recipt sheet.  I keep track of the price of all my supplys and enter then in to beersmith, I see the Total Cost field, and thats really cool,  but i dont see any more caculation that can be done with cost and price.

I would like to see price per pint or the like.
is there a way to make your own fields?

i am not upgraiding to V2 untill someone atleast replys with a " thats stupid! go get bent.  why would you want to know what a pint cost in a software program that ask what all the raw materials cost, i mean that so simple and makes sense even....
"

You could always divide the total cost by the number of bottles you actually filled or by the total actual volume kegged. The software does not have to cater to every whim. 

I did the math once and generally speaking, I spend around 75 cents to make 16 ounces on my all grain system.  That was all I needed to know :)

true but the software knows the cost of the ingredients

It already has a TOTAL COST widget? i dont know what you want to call it, on the recipte sheet there is the "Select Fields" spot.

does anyone know where this is stored , or if you can make your own fields to add in XML or something like it.

i would not really call it a whim, homebrewers tend to like to keep track of cost and it would be nice to know what each pint cost for when you trade beer for something or when someone comes over and drinks 6 of them for the ole donations jar.

what is this "divide" thing you are talking about.?. if i wanted to do arithmetic i would not use brew software.

clayton_ross said:
what is this "divide" thing you are talking about.?. if i wanted to do arithmetic i would not use brew software.

Bwahahahahahaha.  +1

What if it were to calculate the cost per ounce??  I don't do pints.  I use bombers or 12 oz.  Should it have a A table?  User input?

I wonder if there is an add-on feature with an API to BeerSmith.  User contributed downloadable features.

I was happy that 2 stopped giving calories per pint and changed to 12oz.

I don't see how this could work unless it had a little divider chart. Maybe your 6 gallon measuring cups are marked more accurately than mine but my bottling volumes don't exactly equal how many bottles I get. At best for accuracy I think it would have to be a tool.
It would be extremely easy to make your own tool for this with a spreadsheet where you enter the total cost and the total bottles.

Back