Author Topic: MobileBeerSmith  (Read 16913 times)

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: MobileBeerSmith
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
I'm working on the lite version and it is going well - I'm hoping to release it this fall.  The full version (which allows editing) will obviously take longer - but hopefully by winter.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline HARD5

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
So excited for this!

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
Still going very well - have some cleanup work to do but the "lite" version should enter beta testing in a few weeks.  It has cloud access (to your BeerSmithRecipes.com account) for recipe sharing, local storage of recipes, a brewday timer, a number of standalone tools, unit converters and reference material including style guide and a brewing ingredient reference.

This lets you create a recipe in BeerSmith desktop, move it to your cloud folder and access it from your mobile device for viewing and running a brew day timer in the garage from your phone.  You could also move recipes from BeerSmithRecipes.com to your cloud folder and access them from your phone.

What is not done yet is the "full" version app which will allow in mobile recipe editing and creation - that app will require few more months of work.  Also I've not yet developed the iPad/tablet layouts which will be designed to take advantage of the larger screens available on iPad/Android tablet.  Both are planned.

However, the "lite" app will be in beta test shortly for both iPhone and Android.

Cheers,
Brad

Offline bigchicken

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »
I'm curious if the app will be available in the Amazon store? I have a Kindle Fire and love it, but since it doesn't have the Google store, I miss out on quite a few good apps.
TJ Cook

Offline killian

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
So where can I find this lite app when it's available?

Offline Csbrehm

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • Life is better when you brew!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
Looking forward to it, the lite version sounds like the perfect brew day companion.

Any idea of the pricing model?

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »
I launched the beta today for the first users.  Feedback so far has been positive, though I have some performance issues to clean up.

Now I need to start researching all of the stores.  Apple store is a must, but need to look at all of the Android store options.

Brad

Offline cousindave

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
Brad,

Thanks for hearing us on this request. and thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. Totally excited to try it out once it's ready for mass release. Sounds like a great way to eliminate the runs indoors to check brew day details.

slainte'

Offline ryank25

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Any thoughts on offering up a discount on the mobile app for those of us who have been with you since release 1 of beersmith?

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
The lite version was sent to the "app stores" for review last week.  I'm awaiting their replies.  The price for the "lite" version is $3.99 and will be on the Google Play, Apple and Amazon app stores (pending their approval of course).

Unfortunately I don't have any way to offer a discount.  None of the mobile app stores allow discount stores (at least that I can see) and also they don't have a way to offer a different price to one group of users versus another.

Brad

Offline wambesi

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
Forgive me if it's written elsewhere but will the full version have inventory access/sharing as well?

Offline BeerSmith

• BeerSmith
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »
No - not in the initial version.  This is something I want to add but I need to implement it in both the cloud server and the main BeerSmith program before I could add it to the mobile version.

Brad