• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop aroma tablets

Paindoc

Apprentice
Reaction score
Over the years I have made a few beers that had plenty of bitterness but came up short on hop aroma despite dry hopping in the secondary. I recently noticed a product called hop aroma tabs in the Williams catalog. From the description they sound like a good alternative to dry hopping. Has anyone had any experience using them?

I have wondered the same thing, but haven't seen that anyone has posted about using them. I would be interested in trying them, but the cost seems to be a bit much without knowing for sure that they work.

Mouse

I did a little googling and it looks like there is an advantage in that there is less loss since you're using a tab or two instead of a bunch of wort soaking hops, while the disadvantage is that you have less control over the variety. Judging by the price, I'll stick to buying my hops by the pound from http://hopsdirect.com and eat the lost wort.

Back