• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to make cost or ingredient adjustments on a single receipe/revision?

Jukas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Folks,

I have things I'm trying to accomplish in Beersmith2 (2.0.58 Mac 64bit)

1) I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates all inventory across all recipes

2) On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?

I'm pretty sure you can "save as" to make a Identicle copy that you can then change.  If you give that particular yeast a suffix or pre fix like a letter or batch 2 or something you can then give that singular item it's own price.

1) In your case, make a new ingredient for your "free" yeast.

While those are both options, I was hoping for something a bit more elegant.

If you can't make revision based adjustments to a recipe without changing the base recipe, what's the purpose of the version feature?

Back