• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Allow no date on recipe, or separate brewed date

mikev

New Forum Member
Reaction score
The calendar appears to show all recipes with a date. The date on most recipes by default is the date the recipe was created, but the tooltip indicates the date brewed.

My suggestion is to make the date a nullable item on the recipe so it's not unintentionally on the calendar, or create a separate date for the brew date that is used on the calendar and use the existing date for the creation/modification date.

The "bug" still exists.
When you create a recipe, it is registered as brewed in the calendar at the date the recipe is created.
That is a bug in my eyes.
It has to be possible to play with different recipes without brewing them all.

As part of creating a new recipe, I set the date to 1/1/2001.  I also have the calendar preference to only show the recipes moved into the 'brew log' folder to appear on the calendar.  When going to brew a recipe, I highlight the recipe and click on 'copy to log' to place a copy of the recipe into the brew log folder.  Once there, I set the date to when I expect to brew it.

Back