Author Topic: Pilsner Urquell  (Read 4099 times)

KernelCrush

Pilsner Urquell
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
Someday PU will change away from the green bottles, I hope.  I refuse to buy it in the open 6-pack version cause it doesn't do the beer justice.  I just noticed they changed to a full cardboard box packaging on their 6-packs which is a major improvement, but its still not even close to the keg version.   All the beer review websites generally sample from a bottle and give it a low score cause they are tasting a light-struck version.  If you have never tried PU from a keg you are missing out. I have had it in a bar but nothing can compare to bringing home a 1/4 and throwing it in the kegerator with clean lines.  Its the one beer that I wont allow myself more than one at a time so the keg will last.  Its that good.  But thats me.

Offline Maine Homebrewer

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: Pilsner Urquell
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
I've never tried it from a keg and it's one of my favorite beers. Wish I could get it in a corny from the beer store.
"To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson

KernelCrush

Re: Pilsner Urquell
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »
I can only get it in a 1/4 from my keg man too and have to put it in my converted fridge in the garage.  And its a long walk.  I sure wish they would package it in a sixth.   

modification