Author Topic: BS Mobile for iPhone not working  (Read 3845 times)

Offline max42

• BeerSmith Brewer
BS Mobile for iPhone not working
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
Downloaded BSM for my iPhone 4S yesterday.  I only had time to log onto the cloud and view my recipes and had no issues.  Today I wanted to try it out further so I loaded a recipe from the cloud and started to explore.  I clicked on the equipment profile scrolled through and pressed save to my profile and backed out.  From that point on I could not perform any operation.  I could back out to see the recipe but could not edit anything and I could not back out of the recipe.  When I closed BSM and reopened it went directly to the same recipe screen as when I left.

I turned off the phone and restarted.  When I reopend BSM, I got the splash screen and menu but I could not get any operation to work.  When I pressed any item, for example "Find Recipes" the selection was highlighted but nothing happened.  The same thing happens with all other selections.

I restarted the phone, same result.

Now what?

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: BS Mobile for iPhone not working
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »
Hi,
  Is there any chance that the recipe you were editing had a late extract addition? I ask since we had a problem with late extract additions, and if your program locked up while editing a late extract recipe it might be blocking it from loading (since it saves the last recipe you were editing).

If that is the case, drop me an email and I may be able to get you early access to the late extract fix.  I'm posting it to the Apple store shortly but they typically take 5-6 days to review and post it.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline max42

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
Yes, the recipe had an late extract addition.

Offline ntbritton

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »
I have the same problem.  I am brewing tonight and would like to use the app.  Can i get the fix as well?

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
The fix has already been submitted to Apple.  I would expect it will post on the store and be available about the middle of next week.  Unfortunately they take about a week to review and publish updates.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here