Author Topic: Hello, my name is...  (Read 22265 times)

Sens55

Re: Hello, my name is...
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 07:46:16 PM »
Brad,

You're absolutely right.  When I first started back in the 80's, I had no choice but extract.  It was quite a choir to AG and, as I noted, I was in college.  THAT wasn't going to happen.  But the availability of a tool like this is something out of Star Trek.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very computer-literate (I make my living in IT).  But the concept of being able to post a technical question and having brewers from all over the world weigh in is incredible!  And the quality?!?!  Rogue beers just released their yeast to homebrewers.  That kind of deal was a pipe dream before.  I think my first batch used Fleshmen's bread yeast!  Couldn't find anything else!  Won't say it was good, but, (and again, we WERE in college) it was drinkable.  And at that point, quality was great, but quantity was greater.

Tim

JMUBrewer

Re: Hello, my name is...Greg
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »
Been brewing for a year or two now.  Started with Extract and now do All Grain.  Just moved to an apartment from the parent's house and am planning my innaugural brew with my new setup on Sunday (probably a double batch day! :o)

Cheers,
Greg

Shakey_Dog

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 02:42:29 PM »
Welcome Greg ;D

I will be doing a double batch this weekend also.

Two Hounds Pale Ale and Kilt Lifter Wee Heavy.

Good times!!

Sens55

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »
Welcome Greg,

I'm not brewing THIS weekend, but next week.  My brother-in-law has caught the bug after 3 or 4 (maybe 5) pints of my last batch (Oktoberfest Ale).  I'm letting him brew one on my equipment (an Irish Ale) and then I'll brew an IPA right afterwards.

Good Luck on yours!

Offline Beer_Tigger

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr baby! Very Grrrrr!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »
Hello, my name is John (a.k.a. Tigger)

I've been brewing mini mash & extract for almost 2 years now.  Just love it.  I love BeerSmith and how fun it is to tweek recipies.

I live in Milwaukee, I like long walks on tropical beaches... I mean SCUBA diving on coral reefs, playing Halo, Alien vs. Predator 2, and Unreal Tournament 2K4, and brewing beer.  I work about 35 hours a week at my software company, 15 hours a week at my store (Dollar Delight), and try to spend time with the family.

I am an anti-hop head, and prefer to use unconventional ingredients.  For example, my "Exotic IPA" which reduces the hops and adds Cardimon.  Very yummy.
"Let's see if this here beer will help me to stop procrastinating." - my cousin

Sens55

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 08:52:17 AM »
Hey John,

I'm a little late on your reply, but welcome.  Living in Milwaukee, you should have plenty of places to get inspiration.  As I recall Milwaukee has a bunch of micro brews in addition to the biggies.  Here in KC, we don't have many brewpubs or brewers, but the ones we do have are pretty good to homebrewers (since most started here first).  One of my locals lets me bring him a pint when I brew and he'll critique it with some advice on how to fix any deficiencies. 

But, I'd think the real fun is hitting a few to find new styles that they may come up with and see if they'd be worth trying at home! 

Tim 

Offline bonjour

• Global Moderator
    • Beer du Jour
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »
Welcome Greg ;D

I will be doing a double batch this weekend also.

Two Hounds Pale Ale and Kilt Lifter Wee Heavy.

Good times!!
Way to go Shaley

Everyone who has tried Kilt Lifter has loved it.

Fred

PsychoBrew

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 03:24:19 PM »
This is a nice little forum - I have been extract brewing since Jan 06 and just downloaded the BeerSmith software. I cant wait to get busy running all of my recipes through the software - I hope it will help me balance some of my higher gravity beers. - The name Psychobrew was given to my beer by a friend who had consumed four of my Scottish Redhead homebrews and was well on his way to becoming inebriated, he told me it was psychobrew, maybe he said "ItsKindOfGoodBrew", but he slurred so bad it sounded like psychobrew to me. None the less I'm crazy about hombrewing and I get crazier with each batch. I look forward to exchanging info with everyone and learning more about brewing in the process.

TimB

Offline Gambrinus

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 05:24:21 AM »
Hello!

I am Alex from Israel (was born in USSR). I brew seriously all-grain from 1999 (the first was from Muntons in 1994)

Best regards to all!

Offline Andrewqld

• Crawford Inn & Brewery
  • Global Moderator
  • Clarks Brewery
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 03:02:29 AM »
Welcome to Gambrinus and Psychobrew it's nice when your mates like your beer but they seem to make a lot of work for you just keeping up with demand, I hope we see some of your recipes posted in the future.

Cheers
Andrew

modification