• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Forum noob....big drinker

WinnipegFats

Brewer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. 20 allgrain batches in. 10 augmented can kits and about 200 sterile bagged kits. I am a chef so I am creative and brew with a club of 5 dudes, and my dog

hi WinnipegFats, welcome to the site. hey what's the best beer to drink  with food? there was a German beer I had long ago that was served room temp, tasted yeasty, lite in color , and bottle conditioned. the name the German bar made gave me sounded like os bocken  or something like that. any ways, it was the best beer I ever had with meat and potatoes . 

I treat beer like wine so when food pairing there is no best beer. Beer is even better paired with food than wine. 

Winnipeg Fats,

Let me know the next time you're in Grand Forks, maybe we can get together for a (home) brew.  I try to get up there a couple of times a year.  Winnipeg is a great escape for me and SWMBO when we're looking for some civilization in what feels like a big city. 

Not sure if you knew this but from what I hear, a homebrew shop is set top open here in GF and I've talked to the owner who said a lot of Cannucks are looking forward to his shop opening up.  He said that although there are around three or four stores in Winnipeg, they are really expensive and the ingredients are a bit past their prime.  I'm sure, as you well know, our little town here in ND swells every weekend with Canadians who come to save some money, maybe a homebrew run can be a part of your next ND itinerary. 

Welcome aboard

WR

Back