BeerSmith 2 – Release Notes
BeerSmith 2 build 2.0.65 is the latest version available – released on 16 April 2012.
Changes for Build 2.0.65 (also includes fixes from Build 2.0.64 and earlier).
- Finalized fixes from Build 2.0.64
- Corrected “tab key” issue on dialogs in Linux/Ubuntu – tab keys now move between fields correctly
- Corrected file export on Linux/Ubuntu
- Created separate version control files for each different build (PC, Mac, Linux) to facilitate better control over specific fixes for individual platforms.
Changes for Build 2.0.64 (beta) – Available on the Discussion Forum
- Autosave default changed back to 8 minutes, and also is now a configurable option under the options dialog. This should help those experiencing long autosaves (delays) when using the program.
- Backups added for Options files to prevent corruption of options/loss of key information
- Corrected error where post-boil sugars were being included in mash efficiency calculations
- Moved to slightly smaller button titles for the open recipe tabs to accommodate smaller screens.
- Corrected dates on calendar – previously it was rounding dates to one day earlier for March 2012 due to subtle timing issue across the leap year boundary
- Attempted to improve scrolling on dialog views – though still not perfect it is better than before
- Adjusted stir plate factor for yeast calculations – it now applies the stir plate factor (2.66 by default) to only the growth portion of the yeast for a more accurate calculation
- Corrected situation where program would “round” the numbers on some fields when a dialog was opened but the value was not changed.
- Corrected Linux export of files (previously files were shown as “not a valid type)
- Fixed Assert error that would show up when you clicked on the column past the column headers on the Mac build
- Corrected error where deleting a tree item from the list of folders would cause an Assert
- Corrected potential Yield assert on Mac when downloading add-ons
- Corrected text version of Brew Process report – which was missing aroma hop additions
- New tag added for custom reports $YEAST_NAME will generate the long name of the first fermentation yeast found in the recipe
- Fixed right click menu on data views – previously you could only display the right click menu if you right clicked on an item
Changes in Build 2.0.57
- Most significant correction is fix of a critical bug in the “Scale Recipe” command that was not filling the dialog with the correct boil volume when you scaled a recipe by selecting new equipment
- Added a progress animation when accessing add-ons from the internet
- Corrected bug in Mac 64 bit version where some help items from the Shortcut help menu were not working properly
Changes in Build 2.0.53/54
- Corrected a bug in the tab updating that was not correctly updating data that is on more than one recipe page (such as taste notes) across tabs.
- When selecting hops the hop form is now correctly carried over to your choice from the database (for leaf/plug hops in your hop database)
- Corrected a critical bug first reported on Mac (though evident on PC as well) that did not save some recipe equipment settings correctly if a recipe was opened, the equipment was changed and it was immediately closed. This was corrected on both platforms.
- Made minor updates to code to improve scrolling from recipe view via the scroll wheel.
Changes in Build 2.0.52
- First 64-bit Cocoa executable for the Macintosh – needed for better Lion support as well as eventually distributing on the Mac App store
- Fixed customization of columns to allow editing of all columns (including the first) and also properly refresh columns in views when multiple recipe folders are open at the same time
- Corrected occasional issues where button on Mac was remaining pressed/focused after mouse had moved off button
- Corrected themes to provide proper coloring for text on boxes, buttons, etc for better theme support
- Fixed previewing and printing of text reports on Mac version – they were previously displayed incorrectly in preview/printing
- Added $STEEP_INGREDIENTS tag to BrewProcess.txt report to capture steeped ingredients for extract recipes
- Improved error handling of corrupt XML files on reading to prevent crashes when loading mis-formatted files
- Corrected tab mouse handling on Mac – previous version missed some mouse clicks on the right side of the tabs
- Corrected recipe save button – which was added in build 51 – it was not saving changes after the first “save” was complete
- Corrected Undo for recipes – editing a single recipe in previous build would not “undo” correctly in some cases
- Corrected columns bug that caused crash on upgrade if user had a much earlier version without ingredient column settings
- Added preview pane commands (Preview pane on right, left, off) to menus and also ribbon
- Disabled “hide menu” option on Mac version in case user copied profiles/options over from PC with menu hidden
- Corrected error in customize columns that removed first column when editing the columns shown
- Moved registration buttons above tips on tips screen to avoid confusion for first time users attempting to register
- Changed US barrel definition from standard barrel (31.5 gallons) to a beer barrel (31 gallons) to support microbreweries
- Added black color theme (high contrast) to support some users
- Changed timer for autosave to save more frequently to avoid data loss
- Added save button to allow you to save changes to a recipe without closing it
- Corrected bug where adjusting equipment profile for certain recipes was not being saved properly in some cases
- Made substantial additions to resource file and translation code to fully support non-English versions of BeerSmith by allowing virtually every label and button to be translated using tools available on the BeerSmith discussion forum.
Earlier Versions (Build 2.0.50 and earlier)
- Change notes are here