• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

AG beginnings - trying to use gravity

"Otherwise, from what I have read, You boil some water in the aluminum first and it greys the inside.  This is layer of ions that shield the bare aluminum from the wort."

Guess I'm a little late here, but aluminum is not the friend of anything acidic.  That ranges from dairy to Italian to beer.

It does not form that protective covering that you see on the Statue of Liberty, it's a pan in your kitchen that you keep clean.

Please DO NOT BOIL IN ALUMINUM until you google all the links between Alzheimer's and aluminum cookware or are old enough to... what were we talking about?

Oh No, Here we go again, Alzheimers/Aluminum will never die. There are just as many posts about the "Fallacy" of using Aluminum as there are about the "dangers". Lets just leave this one on the bench and move on. Make Beer not War!  ;D

Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
Oh No, Here we go again, Alzheimers/Aluminum will never die. There are just as many posts about the "Fallacy" of using Aluminum as there are about the "dangers". Lets just leave this one on the bench and move on. Make Beer not War!  ;D

Cheers
Preston

But Preston.....Please consider that eventually war tires out and a truce is called.  During times of truce, well, we drink even more beer.  :)

I like beer.

I am on hold with building keggles.  I will, but you know the discs, holesaw, and valves to do it right will be more than I think.  The barrels are only going for 20-25 now.

Back