Recipies missing data?

m750

Brewer
Reaction score
I've noticed that I have a few recipes that I can't see any details for. I can see them on the cloud via the web, but cannot see them on lite app on my iphone. I tried copying them to the phone and I still can't see the details. Anyone else have this problem?
I tried removing them, and refreshing them, reboot, etc.
Any ideas?

--
Update, this bug basically makes beersmith lite useless if I can't see my recipes. I'd appreciate someones help on this.

Attaching a bsmx of the beer that shows no details.

Attachments

Thanks,
  I've downloaded this file and will take a look at it later today.  I'm not sure why this particular recipe has an issue, but I'll try to resolve it as soon as possible.

Brad

Hi,
  I just fixed it on the server end - at least on my mobile device the broken recipe now displays properly.  It had some special characters in it that were causing parsing problems, but I was able to correct it on the server.

Brad

Brad,
I appreciate looking into it. It appears to me, that it's not limited to that recipe. is there something I should be aware of in one of my configurations? It also happens with http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/77651/peppliner-weiss
I wonder if there is something about either my brewing profiles, or brewer setup that is causing the issue.
Where specifically was the bad special charaters? If it's something I did, I can likely clean up the recipes on my side.
thanks,
Aaron

I'm also noticing something wierd, that recipes seem to overlap. If I open one, then go back to another, I end up with some of the ingredients from one showing up in the listing for the other.
I'll take some screen shots and make a post later.
Thanks,
Aaron

Thanks
  Please email any recipes you have trouble with - most can be resolved pretty quickly.

Brad

Brad,
I'm not seeing any problems at present. I was interested in knowing if the cause was local, or remote, so I can prevent something on my side.
Thanks,
Aaron

Hi,
  It was a failure of imagination on my part.  The app handles non-ASCII characters differently than the desktop and online site, so I translate all of them when they get downloaded.  I handled everything above a character code of 255, but missed a few below that.  Your recipe had one of the ones I missed.

So now it handles all of them properly and you get a good display on the mobile app.

Brad

As a software support engineer, I feel your pain. Thanks for clarifying.

Back