• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

steep/Whirlpool issue (Desktop vs Mobile)

alcal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on a tryout on the Windows Desktop version and purchased the Android version (full).

I made a recipe using the desktop version, which includes a steep/whirlpool late hop addition. A 20 min. steep/whirlpool of 60g of Chinook results in 18,9 IBU. That's fine.

Now I saved the recipe to the cloud and loaded it back into Android version. Now the same "steep/whirlpool" of the desktop version is mapped into a "steep" step, unfortunately it accounts for 0.0 additional IBU (!!!).

The result is that the same recipe on Mobile gives a totally different bitterness level than the Desktop version.

Apparently, the Android version always counts 0 IBU for hop steep phase, regardless of the duration.

May I be doing something wrong?

grathan

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Most likely the software is screwy. Don't beat yourself up.

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  I've not yet brought the mobile version up to the 2.2 features including the whirlpool hops.  I actually finished programming it and I'm just starting testing on the mobile update to do this - should have it out in a few more weeks.

Brad

alcal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Oh. I understand.
Thank you for the clarification.