• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Numeric keypad comma

vickywin

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I know that this issue has been discussed a lot before, but none of these discussions has helped me any further.

When working with data controls, I want the dot key on the numeric keypad to produce a comma, instead of a dot. Based on the cultural settings in Windows, and like Excel does. Some suggestions that I have seen already.

1. Change keyboard (Windows control panel). This has several disadvantages (like other keys mapped wrong, not all applications switch keyboard at the same time, you cannot expect other users to know how to do this), so this is not an option for me. best ringtones - top ringtones
2. Use some client-side script. Most of the time this is only for an individual textbox and does not work in a gridview.
3. Change culture settings. A lot of times people start talking about this, but it is totally irrelevant in this respect.

One solution that works for me is to replace the dot after a postback, using event handlers (iteminserting, itemupdating etc.). The drawback of this method is that you have to write extra code for every data control. I would like to hear if you can do this at one point in an application, or if there are better solutions.

Thanks,
  This is the first time I've heard of this but I will see what I can do.  If it generates a separate key code it may be possible to translate it inside the program when the key is pressed.

Brad

Back