• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Measured Session Data Lost - Mobile/Cloud folder

andersenmp

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the desktop and mobile full version of Beersmith (Ipad). I use the mobile version to collect the session data while brewing. I share between my desktop and ipad the recipes I'm brewing via the cloud folder.

Yesterday I brewed a Saison and took the measures on the ipad. I opened and closed the app many times to be sure the data I entered was there. I couldn't get confidence in this ios app yet, and I regret deeply to have purchased it.

Today when I opened the desktop version and refreshed the cloud folder, for my surprise, all the session data was overwritten by the default ones. I then opened the app on the ipad, and everything was lost as well.
I cannot understand how sync data is so difficult... Is there anyway to get backups from the ios app?

Thanks

In most cases this is caused by having the app and desktop with the same recipe open at the same time. In this case one can overwrite the other.

Brad

I also use two desktops and an iOS device to manage and enter session data to cloud recipes.
Would be nice if this was working like many other cloud documents, where you could have multiple instances open and synchronization happens across all.

I made a test yesterday, closing all my desktop sessions (x2) and opening a cloud recipe on an iPad.
I edited the Session data via iPad BeerSmith app, saved and closed.  The iPad was and still is connected to the internet.
Today I opened BeerSmith 3 desktop>cloud recipes>recipe edited from iPad and none of the session data is present.
Am I doing something unconventional?

Back