• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Some ideas...

Paco_

Apprentice
Reaction score
-When building a recipe; a button to ad this/or all ingredient(s) (and maybe quantities too?) to the shopping list.

-A search tool to sort lists.

Keep up the good work!

Paco,
  - There is a button to add ingredients to the shopping list - click on the "add to list" button with the little shopping cart next to it and it will add all of your ingredients to the shopping cart.

- You can sort recipe and ingredient lists (i.e. My Recipes view for instance) by just clicking on the header for the column you wish to sort upon.  You can also add new columns by right clicking on the header and selecting "Customize columns..."

Cheers,
Brad

:-[

Sorry for that...  but thanks for clarifying the situation. :)

About the 'Add to shopping list' button; I see that it's adding to my shopping list but would it be possible to make it so that it combine quantities of similar/identical items type?  At some point I get 3 different quantity of Wheat malt but when I'll get to the store I'll buy the tree combined together.  A simplified list is the idea.

Again, it's a suggestion (I can workaround this) and I may be missing the existing feature...  :-\

Nevermind, I see that the slightest difference (say hops %) make it so that BeerSmith add two different items.

Paco - Not to over-complicate things, but BeerSmith comes with standard generic entries for malts, hops, sugars, etc.  Some users have also created specific databases for say, Briess, Weyermann, or Simpson malts.  If your LHBS has any of these specific brands, you could load those specific grains by brand and use them, since that is what you'd buy at your LHBS.  These files are available on the site. 

I did that, and gradually deleted the "generic" entries to reduce the clutter in the grains listing.  This may also improve your brewing accuracy b/c your grains PPG and SRM may be closer to what you're buying.

This also makes it easier to select the grains you have in inventory for your recipes so that when you choose to "remove from inventory" you decrease the right grains. 

BeerSmith said:
- You can sort recipe and ingredient lists (i.e. My Recipes view for instance) by just clicking on the header for the column you wish to sort upon.  You can also add new columns by right clicking on the header and selecting "Customize columns..."

Cheers,
Brad
Can you do a sort in "Recipe View" in the "Ingredients" window?

Example: sort by "Amount" column or sort by "Item" column.

You seem to imply that you can. My Beersmith is stuck in on sorting by "Type" column. I cannot change this. It has a solid black triangle pointing up in the header.

brewmot

Hi,
  You can sort in the "My Recipes" view.  Unfortunately you cannot change sorting within the recipe list of ingredients.  This is fixed.

Cheers,
Brad

Back