• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New profile for MegaPot 1.2 30G

chaibaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Looking to set up a new profile for my newly acquired megapot 30G system and wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice/tips/info they would like to share?

I went through the steps of creating a profile for my Anvil Foundry and posted them in this forum so that everyone could see the process I used for filling out the process details in the equipment profile.  Similarly, there are a few videos from Brad and others on YouTube which will walk you through developing the critical numbers for an equipment profile in BeerSmith.

Thanks! I'll look for the videos. Want to make sure I get all the input correct

Plan on getting pretty close with your first profile and modifying it over the next few brews based upon good measurements of the critical parameters of volume and gravity throughout the process.  With major process changes, it typically takes me at least 3 or 4 brews to hone in the parameters to be consistent.

Oginme said:
Plan on getting pretty close with your first profile and modifying it over the next few brews based upon good measurements of the critical parameters of volume and gravity throughout the process.  With major process changes, it typically takes me at least 3 or 4 brews to hone in the parameters to be consistent.
Great advice. Maybe I'll just do a few simple brews to dial it in

Back