Author Topic: Mac trial of v3.1 crashes after importing Escarpment Labs yeast add-on  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Daso

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
I'm trying Beersmith 3.1.07 on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.4) and it seems to work well, except when I install the Escarpment Labs yeast add-on. Once I do that, Beersmith crashes and will not start up again. It simply sits in a crash loop, meaning as soon as I start it up, it crashes right away regardless of whether i tell my mac to ignore or re-start.

The only way I have of fixing it, is removing the app and re-installing it. Is there a way to fix this? I'd really like to complete my tests of the software, but if there's add-on issues with my Mac, it's not very fun to deal with.

thanks!

Offline Daso

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
As of today, it doesn't start up anymore. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that still fails.

Anyone know where the config/profile files are stored on a Mac? I'm thinking a full clean uninstall may help. Really annoying.

Offline beerprof

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Chemistry not just my job, it's a way of life...
there's a plist in user/Library/Preferences and all the other files in user/Library/Application Support/Beersmith3

HTH good luck

modification