• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A reintroduction - The Rep

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hey

I have been away for a bit.  I am in the finishing touches of a brew stand build.  I moved from a three tier turkey fryer system to a single tier natural gas.  I am currently tweaking it, redoing my volumes and resetting BeerSmith for a heavy series of brewdays leading up to the holidays.

That all started in July or so.  It took a long time to secure the steel, assemble, paint and plumb it.

Anyway, the real time consuming issue has been my wife and I bought a bank owned home on 20 acres, a trout stream aways from anywhere.  The former owner bought a farm and added a great room and began remodeling.  After adding the tuck under double stall garage, rewiring, reroofing, residing, insulating, putting in all new kitchen cupboards with granite countertops, building a master suite with double jacuzzi and shower, he lost it.

I and my wife bought it for a song and a dance from the bank.  It sat empty for a year and does need some finishing, but the infrastructure is all done.

Last Saturday there where ten bald eagles soaring above the future brew house.  Yup, an extra double stall garage will swerve up well as a brew house.

But, I am soon to be back to brewing, helping out here when I am able and asking a few technical questions of all of you as well.

And I'm here in downtown Detroit,  d*****

brew well

Back