• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Expanded Mash Temp/Infusion Schedule

A

atarlecky

It would be nice to have expanded temperature schedules printed on a report in situations where the temperature of the grain or mash can lay in a range of temps and not necessarily at the exact point that we specified in the mash profile step.

It would be a time-saver to be able to take a real time measurement and look something up on a printed grid in a matter of seconds rather than having to run back to the PC to use the items in the Tools menu (e.g. "Strike/Infusion Temp" and "Adjust Mash").

Hi,
  I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.  Did you want a mash temperature graph of some kind or the ability to enter actual mash temperatures vice predicted??

Brad

Hi Brad,

No... just a grid with a range of initial grain temps and associated infusion temps. As an example - I just made this up...

Grain Temperature Step Temp
and so on...and so on...

As current recipe data is static: the assumption is made that you know exactly your starting grain temp or will be perfectly timed to do your next infusion. However, I keep my grain outside, teh ambient temp changes, I get delayed which prevents me from infusing at exactly the right time/temp, etc... all introducing variables that rarely match up correctly with the recipe.

So my proposal is to have a second page as part of the report that lets me see what the infusion temps should be based on real time data - without having to go back to the computer and calculate using the tools.

Back