• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Illinois!!

Brewdini

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!
My name is Tim and I am just beginning the process of building up my first Keggle to begin brewing.
Once that is done, I planned on ordering up some glass carboys, bottles and capper, airlock, and then making a wort chiller out of soft copper. Oh..... and Beersmith too! ;)
I have been reading up a bunch and have some great friends that have shared some wisdom.
I look forward to hanging out and learning and sharing what I learn!

Cheers

Welcome!

Let me be the first to offer unsolicited advice. :)

I'd skip the glass carboys and go with buckets or a better bottle.  Many people get along fine with glass carboys for years without issue.  I used to be one of those people until a recent (and relatively horrific) accident.  Since then, I've become a big advocate of anything but glass.

benhaider said:
hi there...accept my warm welcome
Brewdini said:
Hi folks!
My name is Tim and I am just beginning the process of building up my first Keggle to begin brewing.
Once that is done, I planned on ordering up some glass carboys, bottles and capper, airlock, and then making a wort chiller out of soft copper. Oh..... and Beersmith too! ;)
I have been reading up a bunch and have some great friends that have shared some wisdom.
I look forward to hanging out and learning and sharing what I learn!

Cheers

Back