This week I invite Justin Crossley from the Brewing Network to talk a bit about his journey in beer broadcasting, some of his shows and his recent journey into television. Justin is the popular host of the Session (a podcast) and runs a network of several shows centered around homebrewing.
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
Topics in This Week’s Episode (32:58)
- Justin Crossley, founder of the Brewing Network is my guest this week. Justin is the host of “The Session” which is a very popular show and one of the earliest podcasts on home brewing.
- Justin shares how he got started in the brewing network
- He tells us what the early days were (in 2005) when he started his podcast in the same month that iTunes started carrying podcasts.
- We discuss his headline 4 our show called “The Session” – which is aired on Sundays live
- Justin shares some thoughts on his co-hosts and cast of the session
- We talk about his live format which includes the forum, email, phone-ins and live chat
- Justin shares some of his favorite guests from the last 7 years
- He talks about some of his other shows including Brew Strong and The Jamil Show
- Recently Justin did a television show on homebrewing for a local TV station – he shares his thoughts on video and doing television
- We talk about the Brewing Network Army and how that came about
- Justin shares his thoughts on how the BN Army won “Homebrew Club of the Year” even though it has no club in the traditional sense
- Justin gives a few brewing tips he’s picked up over the years
- He finishes by talking about what a rewarding few years it has been working on the brewing network
Thanks to Justin Crossley for appearing on the show and also to you for listening!
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now