BeerSmith Mobile Now Available for iPhone/iPad (and Android/Kindle Fire)

by Brad Smith on May 7, 2013 · 18 comments

iPhoneEditBeer Recipe Design on the Go?

I’m pleased to announce the release of BeerSmith Mobile for iPhone and iPad. BeerSmith Mobile brings full recipe design and editing to your iPhone or iPad, and joins last week’s versions released for Android and Kindle Fire.

BeerSmith mobile includes seamless recipe integration via the BeerSmithRecipes.com cloud site so you can drop a recipe in your cloud folder on your desktop, and edit it from your phone or tablet on the go!

Get it on Google Play Appstore-badge-blackappstore

BeerSmith Mobile Overview

Watch this video of BeerSmith Mobile in action!

More BeerSmith Mobile Videos Here!

BeerSmith mobile gives you the ability to fully edit recipes, equipment profiles, mash profiles, ingredients as well as a full brewday recipe timer.

Want to Learn More? – Visit the BeerSmith Mobile features page here

Pricing and Availability

BeerSmith Mobile is available at a sale price of $7.99 (20% off) until the end of June.  After that the price will be raised to its normal level of $9.99. It is available now for iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets and the Kindle Fire.

Get it on Google Play Appstore-badge-blackappstore

You might also enjoy these articles:

BJK May 12, 2013 at 7:21 pm

This app looks great. I don’t really have a PC at home these days… how does it compare to the desktop version? Are there lots of features missing or is it pretty feature complete? As an extract brewer, an AG to extract conversion is important. Looking around at iPad apps for brewing and this is up there… probably not a good place to ask what other good apps there is…

Brad Smith May 20, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I would say it has almost about 85% of the recipe functionality of the desktop version, with the yeast starter tool being the obvious exception. The mobile version does not have many of the other tools like the calendar and inventory tracking however. But if you want to create, edit and brew recipes the mobile version has what you need.

Brent May 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Will you be adding the yeast starter tool to the mobile version?

Mark kassoff May 22, 2013 at 10:06 pm

How do I print the brew day notes like I can from the desk top version on the new mobile version?

Brad Smith May 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Sorry – I don’t have printing enabled yet, but just about everything that is on the brewday printout is on the timer page if you open any recipe and click on timer. I actually did a cross comparison when building that page for brewing.

Brad Smith May 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Yes – it is high on my list for an early update.

Sam May 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Awesome Brad – I was wanting to go ahead at the discounted price but the App Store says $10.99 ? Looking forward to using ! Thanks

Brad Smith May 25, 2013 at 1:24 am

I set the price at $7.99 US, but the app store translates that price for each country based on their own conversion and cost structure for that country. Unfortunately I can’t set the price outside the US – for the most part it is set automatically based on the US price.

Kevin May 30, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Any easy way to get the 1.4 grain extensions into the mobile version of the app when I don’t own the desktop version?

Glen Marshall July 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this. I wanted to take advantage of the “in-app” iPhone upgrade you’ve mentioned. I now see on my BeerSmith Lite an upgrade option to “Purchase Upgrade” to add recipe editing, but when I try to use it, the “Confirm … Purchase” pop-up says [Environment: Sandbox] and when I try to buy it with my iTunes account, another pop-up tells me “This is not a Test User account… please create a new account in the Sandbox environment”. I’m completely sandboxed. Should I just continue to wait, or is this a problem that should be fixed? Thanks for a great product that allows free artistic expression in the science of brewing, with the kind of feedback that helps to prevent the undrinkable.

Justin Knight August 8, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Is there a way to email a recipe from a mobile device??

Simon Burge October 16, 2013 at 9:35 am

Any updates on även the inventory will be implemented?

John rogers November 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I bought this from google play like two weeks ago and i like the software but I just upgraded to an Iphone. anyway I could avoid being charged twice for the software? I already have the mac desktop software too…

Brad Smith November 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Unfortunately Apple and Google have no way to share licensing data (not surprising if you think about it!).
Also my control over licensing and pricing in the stores is severely limited. They basically give me the option
to set a single price for my app, and I don’t have any way to offer package discounts or even simple coupon
discounts in either app store.

I do apologize…I just have no way within the constraints of the app stores to transfer the license.

Jason Scott November 24, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hi Brad,

Does the mobile app have the ability to convert an all grain recipe to extract? Or is that only a feature of the desktop version?

Matt February 9, 2014 at 4:11 pm

A few suggestions to the mobile version: 1. A possibility to email recipes. 2. Dropbox support or similar, with an offline copy of all the synced recipes. 3. Auto conversion of recipes from US to metric & vice cersa, when the settings are changed.

It’s something that already exists in other beer apps and would be lovely to see in Beersmith too.

Erling Rohard July 3, 2014 at 7:15 am

Mobile app would be much better with Inventory and Shopping List. (And Yeast starter tool). Will you be adding these features?