• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are you brewing next? ...official brewing log thread

Heart of Two Ales  (Two Hearted Ale Clone)
I use the yeast from the bottom of several bottles on Two Hearted ale, and make a pretty good clone. 
Bells seems to be one of the few brewers that uses the same yeast for carbonating as they do fermenting.

@ 5oz. of Centennial

Going to brew for Fathers Day! Wife asked me what I wanted and I said...."TO BREW!"  I know its not March but Ive been thinking of doing an Oktoberfest! Either that or a Big IPA. Here's the Oktoberfest recipe. Let me know what you think... That two hearted clone looks good! Are you from MI?

Attachments

• Oktoberfest.bsmx
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
Brewing a 5 gal batch of  Kolsch ( mashing as I write this). Thinking of doing an open fermentation. What do you think?

Just Bottled:

Saison
American Wheat Dry Hopped (cascade, citra)
Gose - Old German Ale with a touch of salt added to brew pot.

I wanted to brew a nice APA for August consumption, but my brewing partner has been busy, so it looks like we'll be pushing that into September. After that it's time for the fall beers, nice porters and stouts.

I plan to brew a honey saison in the next few weeks, taking time in the secondary into account (coffee stout's in there about 2 weeks yet) and the late blooming summer. Then hopefully I'll have some wiggle room in a paycheck to pick up another carboy and have a few cases of empties lying around so I can do up a batch of cider as well as a pumpkin ale, hopefully by the second week in August to have them ready in time for fall. After that, a bitter, a chocolate pepper stout, and then maybe an imperial IPA with my brother in time for spring. So many beers, yet so little time.

We just transferred a Dry Hopped ESB to secondary.  I just finished a recipe for Oktoberfest and should be ready by mid-October.

Mark

Enough of this playing around with 2.0--TIME TO BREW!!!

Putting 2.0 to the test today.

Sunnydale pale ale recipe from the Briess caracrystal wheat sales sheet pdf

Going to be a good day!

I hate waiting sometimes...Have a little over 2 weeks before my coffee porter (1st beer ever) is going to keg and a few select bottles. Luckily it's in the secondary so I hope to be able to get a bitter down in the mean time...I'm quite upset at not having a beer to show off for the 4th...always next year though

Plan for Sat. morning is this porter.  My first BIAB, and my own recipe.  Any comments on the recipe?  Oh yea it's a one gallon brew.

2.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 86.49 %
0.13 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 5.41 %
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 5.41 %
0.06 lb Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 2.70 %
0.20 oz Galena [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 40.4 IBU
0.10 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] (5 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1.60 oz Malto-Dextrine (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Brewed 12 gallons of American Wheat, 12 gallons Kolsch, and 6gals of Gose (goes ah) a German ale from Leipzig Germany, on the 3rd.  On deck a Rodenbach Sour Ale, a pumpkin lager.

My next brew is going to be an American Lager, in the pre-prohibition style.  I'm going to use flaked maize for the adjunct and use half two row and half 6 row as the base malts.  I'm planning to do a two step decoction mash to coax out some extra body and improve the head stability.  I'm hoping to get time to brew it next weekend.

A Special Bitter. I chose it based on the color in the beer glass in BS. It started as a recipe from the Classic Beer Styles series, and I tweeked it. Knowing that I can't follow recipes, I'll change it a little more as I brew.
For my last batch, My wife won a brew kit from the grand opening of a LHBS and we gave it to our son for his first brew. It was a Bavarian Hefe-. Actually pretty good for a kit. As a result, he will be here to help with the brew. Teach him early about mashing and the freedom you get with designing your own beers.

I'm attempting my first all grain after 4 years of various extract brews....... a clone recipe for Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

OG = 1.070
FG = 1.016
IBU =50
ABV = 6.9%
5 Gallon

I'll let you know how it goes.

Sept 9th
Brewing 10 of Flanders Porter, and 10 gallons of Octoberfest, and a Beer that a Brewclub menber makes whick I found to be very good and going to brew it maybe sooner we see,
No name for it though just very good,
www.wvfna.org

Brewing an APA tomorrow.  "Supposed to be" significantly cooler weather, as in 81F cool.  Ready for Autumn already. 

Update - Not cooler, NO rain from Lee, but good brew day. 

The s/s scrubby worked wonders today, keeping 6.85 oz of hops gunk out of the fermenter. 

Attachments

• 10A APA.bsmx
    26 KB · Views: 2
  • scrubby.PNG
    scrubby.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 34
Blond Ale coming up on Sunday.  20Kg of base, 1kg of 25 EBC crystal malt plus 3kg rice.  Precooking the rice Saturday night then adding to first infusion.  20min@60C, 68C until conversion is complete. 

OG:        1.040
FG:        1.010
Color:    3 SRM
IBU:        20 IBU
Boil:        90 min.
Volume:  125-130 liters
Yeast:    SafeAle S-04

Primary:      nothing till Sunday
Secondary:  6 soda kegs of Amber Lager
On Tap:        Dry Stout
                    Pilz
                    Red Beer
                    Brown Ale

Blonde Ale was 1 week in Primary and has now been in secondary for a week and is ready to be filtered and racked to kegs.  Brewed a pumpkin ale on 2-Oct that was also in primary for a week and is now in secondary.

Our next batch will be a Cascade Pale Ale and currently formulating a recipe for an Oatmeal Stout and nice Smokey Porter

Back