• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are you brewing next? ...official brewing log thread

I will probably be brewing a Standard Pub Bitter tomorrow.

In response to the Cascade Pale Ale~
Just bottled a Cascade Pale Ale myself. I originally set out to brew a Mirror Pond Clone. Sampled one last night after 2 weeks in the bottle and it tastes more like Sierra Nevada Pale. Heres the recipe.

5.5# Pale 2 row
5.5# Marris Otter
.75 #60l Crystal
.25# Carapils
~5 oz of cascade
1@60min (substitute bittering hops with Perle to go more for SierraNevada)
1@30min
1@15min
1@5min
1@dry hop
2000ml Starter of WLP002 English Ale Yeast(use WLP001 Cali Ale to go more for Sierra Nevada)

70%Eff
5.5 Gallon Batch
5%ABV
35IBU
150* Mash temp

Decided to do a Beglian Golden Ale instead... Calling it Devil Beard. LOL!

Attachments

• devil beard.bsmx
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
Went to the Homebrewstore tonight. Bought the stuff to do that bitter after all. Making the starter on Friday and Brewing Sunday. Here is the recipe...

Attachments

• bitter.bsmx
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
Was hoping to brew an oatmeal stout for the colder months today. . .

. . . unfortunately, I went up to the brewery only to find the refrigeration unit for our 130L fermenter has crashed.  :'(

The stout is on hold until we can replace the water chiller later in the week.  Hoping to have the stout in primary by 16-Oct.

Brewing Oatmeal stout in the morning. Had to make some changes to the grain bill as the store did not have crystal 120. I subbed 8oz of extra dark crystal and 1lb of dark crystal for the 1lb8oz of 120. No pacman yeast avail. so subbed WY1272. Was going for Rouge Shakespere but increased gains to make up for nooby losses.

I am brewing a Russian Imperial Stout today from the
BREWING CLASSIC STYLES BOOK
page 175
what a big grain bill hope I can wait it out for 6 months LOL

On tap
Gumball head (3 Floyd's)
Octoberfest Martzen Madness of B.C.Styles
Steve's Rye IPA ( homebrew member recipe)
Flanders Porter 

that's it for now
next beer is a
Barley Wines for nest year fall events a Halloween Opener
Thanks John

www.wvfna.org

By the way Gumball Head clone, I dont think as of now you need the dry hops , add 1 oz the the flame out and save the trouble dry hopping in carboys,
Very good clone though  ;D

Rich's Pumpkin Ale this week,

Primary #1 Oatmeal Stout
Primary #2 BarkShack Gingermead

Bottled: Holiday Cheer, Dream Export Lager, Marzen, Honey Ginger Lager,
Distant Memory: Sierra Nevada Pale Clone, Sweet Hoppy Brown Ale

I am doing a milk stout next.  Just kegged a wheat aged on thimbleberries and racked a super hoppy ipa to secondary this week.

Up next is a Sierra Nevada Pale Clone that I've been working on. I brewed it as an extract kit a few months ago and I have converted it to AG, ( I hope!!! :-*)

up next an american pale ale
in the keg.. innkeeper
in the bottle .. esb and irish red

Hello fellow homebrewers.  The subject of this conversation should be for me "What am I brewing first?"  I just bought my first homebrew kit earlier this afternoon.  I am doing a dark malt extract for my first brew. The grains I am using are German chocolate wheat and German caramel wheat (Carawheat), one pound of each.  The rest of the ingredients are the standard that one would find in a starter kit.  I wasn't going to use the standard two-row crystal malt unless one of you veteran homebrewers thinks that I should. Being that this is my first time brewing, I was looking for some quality pointers, ideas, etc. from those that have been at this for a significant amount of time.  I purchased a full scale kit with everything needed.  Thank you all.

Waiting on the Primary, very slow fermentation for my Sierra Nevada Pale Clone, temps have dropped to the high fifties at night, slowing things down. In a measure of desperation I have parked the Primary on top of the pellet stove and set it at 70 degrees. Bubbles are picking up. Waiting in the wings...all the ingredients for a Stone Arrogant Bastard IPA clone... But.. currently drinking my Oatmeal Stout and Pumpkin Ale, both very tasty!

I am brewing an APA next.  I created the recipe earlier this year and added Honeysuckle flower to the boil.  Tried to do a Honeysuckle APA.  Well it tasted like weeds.  The fermentation was strong and when I tried the Wort because of the sweetness the bitterness of the honeysuckle flower didn't really come through.  Man that beer was nasty however because of the strong fermentation and the other attributes I like about the beer, I am going to try it again, just delete the HS Flower and hope for the best.

+1 for the "Can You Brew It?" recipe pack, I just did an early tasting of my Arrogant Bastard IPA and am very happy with it.

Back