• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

brewing in hillsboro mo.

ugiweizen

Apprentice
Reaction score
New to brewing since 2012, being a chef and working with yeast and flavors of food, brewing beer was a matter of time before it consumes all my spare time.  Started with a small pot extract brews to now obtaining more and more equipment to get into all grain ,also have Beer Smith to brew the best i can every time. 

Getting ready to brew a choc. bourbon barrel stout.  (extract). the next batch of beer i do is going to be an all grain batch.  i have been researching recipes on beer smith

Brewed the choc. bourbon stout. on 2-15-15  Posted it on the cloud.  0g. was 1.067, i figured i can tap around july. the first high gravity beer ive done.

well figured it had to keg condition until then, depending on fg. if it around 8 %, from what i read.  What you think?  I would love to tap earlier,

It will probably be reaching it's peak flavor in July, but I've never been able to wait that long before trying a beer.  It'll be carbed and ready to at least try in less than two weeks.

I agree, im very impatient to taste my brews, not like cooking where you can taste your product when you get done cooking, although i always taste the wort, and all ingredients going it to the brew pot.  it is not easy building a pipeline of homebrew when it is so easily available.
and can go to my bar and just get a beer from the tap.

I make about 150 gallons a year.  I usually have something I really love to drink on hand, so that I can resist temptation on a new batch.  At least that's the theory.

That is very impressive as well as inspiring.  I plan on brewing at least 1-2 times a month this year.  Putting together my all grain setup is a challenge, trying to get the setup that i wont have to upgrade for awhile.  Thinking of a 10gal.  Brewing beer is a very addictive hobby for me.  The more i read and brew, the more immersed i get.  Because i dont have a 3 kettle setup, or even a 2 kettle setup.  I might have to do a BIAB as my first all grain brew.  I am researching recipes now on beer smith. Thinking of an ipa.  or a good beer i can ferment quick and put on tap within a month or less.  The beer you have bottled,kegged and fermenting look great.  I can see why you brew 150 gallons a year. 

Back