• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

peltier based keezer

diegolaz

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello, wanted to know if anyone has seen a peltier based keezer.... my idea is to make a custom box to fit 1 or 2 "5 gallons" KEGs with the gas tank, with isolation and everything.
I've seen some peltier options with batery for 2 cans o a little bigger, but I was wandering if its enough (using 2 to 4) conected to AC (with an adapter to 12v) or is it just too inefficient and thats why you don't see any in youtube or google.... ?

Thanks!

Here is a nice project although maybe a little complicated for me to get the parts (in Argentina).... but similar to what I was thinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXSQqGCRMKA

This is an interesting project.  Are you thinking about pairing it with an air conditioner to get colder ambient and so colder output from the Peltier unit?  I built a fermentation chamber using a window air conditioner and was disappointed with the results as I could only get the temperature down to about 15 degrees C.

Paul L.

Back