• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Remove Inventory Indicator

mark2215

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am horrible at remembering if I have removed inventory for a brew.  I've had to reweigh all my hops and grains a few times because the inventory gets screwed up.  Would it be possible to have some type of indicator in the recipe that says ingredients removed from inventory or something along those lines?

Glad I'm not the only one who forgets that. My inventory is always screwed up. I tried creating a set of recipes that would use up a bag of base malt and then order the bag plus the specialty grains for those batches. Once I entered them into inventory I'd open each of the recipes and hit the remove inventory button on each one. After a while I started to forget that too. Sucks to get old.

Frankly, I am so bad about doing the 'remove inventory' feature that I created a spreadsheet to track my ingredients.  It actually helps me with planning, since I do a master plan for my 'brewing season' and can organize the ingredients to take advantage of bulk purchases, yeast repitches, and overall costs.  I can also see when I have not added or subtracted the ingredients for a given brew.

mark2215 said:
I am horrible at remembering if I have removed inventory for a brew.  I've had to reweigh all my hops and grains a few times because the inventory gets screwed up.  Would it be possible to have some type of indicator in the recipe that says ingredients removed from inventory or something along those lines?

Maybe not exactly what you want, but I noticed for the first time yesterday that if I try to pull a recipe from inventory twice in a row, it gives me a little warning.  Perhaps it's just a matter of enhancing that feature.

Will

My standard procedure is to "Remove Inventory" after I've entered all my brew day readings and notes in the comment section. When I remove inventory I add a comment, in all caps indicating, "INVENTORY REMOVED 2017-08-31 2:16 PM". Makes it pretty easy to verify if I've removed inventory items.

Yes! A big +1 on this... One of the reasons I went with BeerSmith is the fact that I can track inventory. Problem is, if you forget to click on Remove Inventory, there's not way of knowing; there's got to be a better way to track this. Possibly just a check box that tells you that you have indeed removed items from the inventory. If you brew the same recipe a second time, you just make a new copy of the recipe.

+1 to this!

If it was possible to be able to look at your inventory items and see logged changes that would be even more awesome. For example I could double click Maris Otter (my main base malt) and see that today the total was adjusted down by 4.5 kg due to inventory removal for recipe "TodaysRecipe".

It would also be very useful to be able  to see when the quantity has been increased... "Did I add in all the items I bought the last time I went to the LHBS? I know I added the malt, but did I do all the hops?"

We really need this function. Keep up the good work ;-)

Yes indeed it will be nice to have indicator that ingredients had been removed from inventory. Also when you add it to cart and then in the cart for example you need 1kg of some grain in the recipe and you have 0,80kg so you only need 200g but when in cart you click add to inventory selected item it adds 1kg and not only 200g which was needed to buy.

Love this. I'll second the concept, although i'm generally pretty good at knowing what i've got on hand even with a pretty deep inventory. (500+lbs of grains, and probably 10+lbs of hops.)

my inventory management is basically this- when i get low on something, i buy another bag of it. pounds of hops and bags of grain

+1

A report on not-found-in-inventory would be nice too, so that I do not need to run stocktaking on all ingridients, but only on missing ones.

When I try to remove something from inventory and it is not covered, I get a full list of those items which are not adjusted.  See attached picture.

Attachments

• remove inventory notification.JPG
    remove inventory notification.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 353
Back