• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What is your favorite yeast??

Favorite Yeast

• US-05

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nottingham

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • S-04

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Ck27

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Just wanting to get some forum action going so I'm going to ask what everyones favorite yeast is or rather the one that you use the most??

You can fill out the poll or answer below if your choice is not available.

Thanks
CK

I don't have a favorite yeast. I brew lots of different styles, from Stouts a to ESBs to IPAs to California Commons. I pick a yeast that will work with the style, and that means I use a lot of different yeasts. I brewed an IPA a few weeks ago and used WLP001, which I have used many times before (mostly for IPAs). I brewed a Brown Ale yesterday with WY1335, which I have never used before.

I guess I won't be able to pick a favorite until I have tried them all!!

--GF

GigaFemto said:
I don't have a favorite yeast. I brew lots of different styles, from Stouts a to ESBs to IPAs to California Commons. I pick a yeast that will work with the style, and that means I use a lot of different yeasts. I brewed an IPA a few weeks ago and used WLP001, which I have used many times before (mostly for IPAs). I brewed a Brown Ale yesterday with WY1335, which I have never used before.

I guess I won't be able to pick a favorite until I have tried them all!!

--GF

:) I tend to use the following 3 frequently, US-05, Nottingham, German Ale/Kolsch. Although another favorite is white labs, American Ale Blend which is 2 ale strains and cal lager.

Kind of limited choice there. My favs are saflager
S-23 lager , 34/70 lager, WLP 500 monastery belgian for my trappist ale. Us o5 for ales when lager temps are not available.

twhitaker said:
Kind of limited choice there. My favs are saflager
S-23 lager , 34/70 lager, WLP 500 monastery belgian for my trappist ale. Us o5 for ales when lager temps are not available.

Because I can't add more the amount of poll choices is limited :(

I mainly use White Labs yeasts. My favorites are  WLP005 for English beers, WLP550 for Belgian beers and WLP838 for lagers. I also use WLP041 and WLP051.

Roadrocket said:
I mainly use White Labs yeasts. My favorites are  WLP005 for English beers, WLP550 for Belgian beers and WLP838 for lagers. I also use WLP041 and WLP051.

I had to Google 005 couldn't remember what it was basically it's a super malty super flocculent yeast that easily falls out of beer, sounds like Wyeasts Ringwood lol.

Back