• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moving items other than recipies

M

MikeInCtown

I have beersmith installed on my laptop as well as my desktop. I have figure out how to move the recipies between computers and update them as I get them.

Currently, I am updating hop pricing, AAUs, as well as malt prices for my most used items. Is there a way to export the ingredients or inventory and then import so that I don't have to change everything on my laptop like I am doing right now on my desktop? I see I can import and export in the grains and hops list, but if those are already in my other PC, with they just overwrite or will they create a double of everything?

Do I do "import and merge"?

Yes,
  You can export by selecting the ingredient database (Hops for instance) and exporting it.  Import and merge will update any items newer than your current items.

If you get an undesirable result, you can always use the "undo" button to undo it.

Cheers,
Brad

Back