• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Am I just dumb?

B

BrewerPhil

I just downloaded the trial program and entered a recipe to compare it with the results from another brewing program I am using. The BrewSmith software looks much superior, but, where the heck is the recipe that I entered? Where do I look to find my personal recipe entries? I tried creating a new folder under the "My recipes" section but when I closed the program and opened it again the folder no longer existed. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,
  The folder should be in the "My Recipes" directory and be saved automatically.  However, if you have a permissions problem (i.e. you are running as a non-administrator and don't have permissions to write to the BeerSmith directory or its subdirectories) it can cause problems.  By default the directory is C:\Program Files\BeerSmith, and you need to be able to write to it as well as write to all of the files/directories under it.

Brad

Back