• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Taste Rating data

SleepySamSlim

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Having a entry for taste rating is good - but it will be a while before or if I have any of my beers actually judged officially. It might be useful to click on a "Tasting" button that brings up a simple set of radio buttons that you could click for Body - Bitterness - etc to calculate your own score. Or scores from your friends who try your brews -- sort of an averaging. And of course an over ride to enter an official judged score.

I actively enter brews in competition, so I'm admittedly biased.  That said, I do recommend people enter comps for the unbiased and anonymous feedback.  We have a large club and a monthly meeting, but it is nearly impossible to get an honest opinion from someone you know, standing right in front of you. 

True, sometimes the written feedback is not helpful - that really depends on the caliber of the judges.  You have to take the feedback for what it is, but sometimes you get something back that leads you to ask around about DMS or under-attenuated, and then you learn more about wort-chilling and yeast starters, which helps every batch you brew. 

Back