• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Designing a new recipe- problem with ABV, basically no fermentation

bz22419

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am designing a Czech pilsener and for some reason Beersmith is showing me ABV =0.4% (OG=1.055, FG=1.046). Using Wyeast  2278 yeast with 2 liters of starter.  Fermantables are 4.9 kg (pilsener+ carafoam). BIAB pilsener mash profile. Using distilled water with added salts to match Pilsen water. I varied yeast type, amount of yeast, mash profiles-to no avail. Using three stage lager fermentation profile (different fermentation profiles did not change. This is the first time in about 15 recipes with Beersmith that I have designed and brewed.

Anyone have experienced this issue? If so what is the issue?

Not sure given the information.  If you can export the recipe as a .bsmx file and post it here, we can see how the values are being calculated.  you can export the recipe by highlighting the recipe in the folder (not the open recipe), and clicking on 'file' > 'export selected' >  and give it a file name.  You can then attach the file by using the '+ attachments and other options' under the post reply dialog box.

Back