• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing equipment and water profiles

snitramc

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I brewed 4/19/21 and was able to use my equipment and water profile. Then my laptop committed suicide and I had to replace it. I installed BS3 successfully. Today I am formulating a double IPA recipe and am unable to find my profiles. Guessing I have to import them from somewhere. My 4/19/21 recipe is in the cloud and I was able to get the profile numbers ok. But I want to get my profiles back into BS3 so I don't have to cut and paste.

How do I transfer a profile from a cloud recipe to my local recipe?

Open BS3 on your laptop. On the top ribbon, select Cloud. This should load your recipes stored on the cloud.

Select any recipe that has the profiles you want to reload. Next to each profile field in the recipe will be a disc icon. Click it to save the profile as-is with the same name. If you modify the profile, change the name because BeerSmith will save each modified version as a new file with the same name. That gets pretty confusing if you thought the old profile would simply be over written.

Go to equipment on BS3.  You will find 'exchange' on the ribbon. Use this to exchange between your desktop and the web version.  Once you hit exchange, you'll see a dropdown box to select 'type'. You'll find water in there to allow you to exchange there as well.

Brad has explained it in his messages/instructions, which is where i found it.  Used it to update/exchange between my computer and online profiles

Back