• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Oregon Fruit Puree to BeerSmith

brownbeard

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am doing a cherry wheat, and am going to be using Oregon brand cherry puree to the brew.  I am not able to find any specs for this for BeerSmith.  Any ideas?

Hi!
 Fruits can vary quite a bit from can to can which is why it is hard at times to accurately estimate the OG when using a large amount of fruit.

However, I've used the Oregon puree before.  I entered the puree as an "extract" ingredient with a potential of 1.036 and I think the estimate was in the ballpark.  The color is fairly dark - I would guess around 15 SRMif not a bit darker.

Note that most of the puree will ferment (very quickly) since it is high in sugar, and will increase the alcohol content quite a bit.  I added mine in the secondary (it fermented vigorously) Also I recall having to age the beer for several months before it completely smoothed out.

Good luck!
Brad

Vintners Harvest appears to be a common fruit puree at homebrew stores and websites.
is there a way we can add the vintners harvest numbers to the program?
there are basic number on the can but i am unsure whether the OG range is because of teh 3 gal vs/ 5 gall recipe or not.

any thoughts on this would be great, thanks!

Back