Author Topic: Price tally for the shopping list.  (Read 5315 times)

angus

Price tally for the shopping list.
« on: March 14, 2004, 07:46:06 AM »
I know that a lot of us are hobbyists and, are limited to specific stores to purchase supplies due to our brewing hobby.  I use the same local brewery for my supplies.  The prices I pay for them change very little over time.  I think that it would be nice to have a place to enter price/unit for ingredients.  This could also carry over to the recipe view as a price per batch and to the shopping list as a tally.  

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Price tally for the shopping list.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 07:51:06 AM »
Angus,
I actually thought of this - believe it or not there is already space in each of the records for a price.

The big item stopping me is internationalization...I need to be able to support lots of different currencies for worldwide use.

Look for it in a future release - though I'm not sure it will make it in the version I'm currently working on.

Cheers!
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline littlebrew

• I don't get any better than this.
le: Price tally for the shopping list.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 06:05:40 AM »
I use 4 suppliers and this would be most helpful in my particular case since my finances limit me to frugal shopping for the best quality at a reasonable prices 8).

Brad, this is a great program...I love it!!!
We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit........Aristotle

Pete Gregar

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 09:19:44 AM »
Why can't it be a blank unit.
So you don't have to take into consideration currency conversions.

10 lbs of pale malt with a .9 unit.

You would just have it multiply quantity by the unit and add the total.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:39:10 PM »
OK,
 The price feature probably won't make the next update, but it could be done shortly after that.

The feature I'm planning to offer will allow you to enter a price for a certain quantity (for example grain is $1.10 per pound).  Then it will calculate the price tally for your recipe, inventory items, etc...

Its not that hard to implement the international currency, and I think it is important for international use.

Cheers!
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here