• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Randomly jumping focus

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
OK, hate to say it, but I found something about the program that is driving me nuts!

When I'm looking through a list of recipes, I'll usually just click the name of the top one, so that the recipe appears in the preview pane under the list. Then, what I want to do, is to use the arrow keys to jump from recipe to recipe, so I can compare/preview the ingredients. However, what happens is that the focus jumps down to the actually recipe, so that that pane scrolls.

Mouse back up to the top pane, and click on the recipe. Sometimes, the focus will stick... sometimes, it doesn't. Maybe there's a reason why the program does this, but it's kind of tedious.

I hope this doesn't sound mean or anything! It's just a goofy quirk that is wearing at me...

Colin,
 Yes, it bugs me too!  I have not found the exact cause yet, but I will add it to my list of things to look at - hopefully I can narrow it down a bit and correct it!

Thanks,
Brad

Colin,
 It took me a while but I think I finally nailed this one.  It will be fixed in the next release.

Brad

Back