• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Create a report on the total ingredients used in all recipes.

S

smg

Hi,

I'm looking to do a bulk grain/hop order, and I was wondering if there is a way to have Beersmith report the total amount of ingredients used in the brew log (or over a certain time range).
For example we have 26 all grain batches and I want to know:
How much 2 Row, Crystal 40 etc we used in the past year. The same goes for hops.

Is there a way to use an external program query the database?

Thanks.
-S

One way.............empty the shopping list.  Highlight all 26 batches, and then select "Add to List" which puts all the ingredients from the 26 recipes into the Shopping List. 

Over 26 batches you may find items you could combine to reduce the SKUs and increase the grains to buy bulk. 

It's also a good way to clean up your grains listings.  I found I had a generic Munich, Munich 10L (Briess), and Munich I (Weyermann) in various recipes.  Going forward I would use only Weyermann, so I removed the generic entry.  This step helps with the inventory function later when removing items after use.

Back