• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Updating prices on shopping list items doesn't seem to carry through to inventor

I

ik

I put in a shopping list with the current prices, and I would have figured it to update the base price in the Hops table to reflect that price when the list was transferred to inventory.  But apparently it doesn't update it, I have to individually change the items in the category (ie: Cascade hops @ $0.85/oz instead of the default $1). 

IS there a setting to have it do this, it would seem like that would be a reasonable thing to have happen, to use the last price.  I figured the Set Unit Price was one way of doing that, so I went through and hit it for all the items, figuring it would update the price in the Hops table, but apparently it is a redundant function that only updates the shopping list item (something that could be done by dbl-clicking and editing the item directly).

Thanks,

Ian

No,
  Each recipe has its own copy of the ingredients which is actually important for sharing recipes.  As a result prices are not carried over from one to another.

Cheers,
Brad

Back